A look at my life abroad over the 2012-2013 school year!

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Fireworks!

Pardon all the mistakes I know I will make. My english brain is going crazy. I speak in such short sentences in German (because that is all I CAN do) that when I speak/write in English, it seems so long! Anyway, more differences between here and the US.

1) Music! It is so funny because most of the music is the same here! Even the, not so good music. To clarify, I don't mean bad as in, poor melody and such, I mean bad as in bad words and a bad meaning in the lyrics. The horrible thing is, most people know the lyrics. When people say the lyrics it is HILARIOUS! They are saying horrible things with a smile on their face. So. funny. Most people know english a bit, so they know each word, but they don't know all the idioms and innuendoes going on. :D
2) Old people. There are quite a bit of old people here. I think it is because it is a nice quiet town and it is very pretty. But the old people here are so active! I always see them riding bikes, going on walks/jogs, gardening, and just plain out and about no matter their age!
3) Driving. Driving here is a bit weird. Most of the cars have stick shifts (and my family actually has a Ford, which is hilarious because back home I have a Volkswagon :) ), but what really confuses me is the road! In my 'neighborhood' there is only a one car wide street. Well, there are multiple streets, but they can all only fit one car! So when someone is coming from the opposite direction, someone pulls over and lets you go, or vice versa.
4) I just find this one amusing: McDonalds. The McDonalds here is a lot different. And it is funny because I have to McDonalds twice already! But I haven't eaten there (except really good ice cream!) so I can't tell you much about that aspect. But they have weird food items. The Cafe section is separate and has cakes and such, and they have a weird nacho texas burger. And other odd items but i cannot remember. :D

I have more to come! I just forgot some of them. I really need a notebook to carry around with me!


So, last night we were on our way to Koblenz to see some fireworks, but we saw some closer, so we went there. In fact, they were everyone! It was really great to see. And cool to see a larger city and such. Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment