A look at my life abroad over the 2012-2013 school year!

Friday, August 24, 2012

Guten Tag!

Hallo Alles!

Haven't updated in a while, and just wanted to drop in and say all is good! Learning German is becoming easier, but definitely not easy! When I told people I was taking a year off before college, they really thought it was just a year off. Trust me, this is no picnic. Sure, it is beautiful and the food is great, but acclimating to another lifestyle is difficult. And I am trying my best to learn German. Which is why I have decided no more computer until the sun has set! I can't waste my time on here. :) Obviously this rule starts tomorrow. Haha.
Oh, so I finally got my new schedule! And it is awesome! School here is a bit different because you don't have the same classes everyday. It is more like college. For example, my schedule:

Monday    Tuesday    Wednesday    Thursday    Friday
Religion    Englisch     Informatik      Religion     Deutsch
Informatik   FREI!       Englisch         Erdkunde   Deutsch
Erdkunde  Erdkunde   Mathematik    DKurs       FREI!
Biologie    Informatik  Erdkunde       DKurs       Biologie
Mathematik Biologie   Musik            DKurs        Mathematik
Geschichte  Deutsch   FREI!             FREI!         Englisch
                                                       Musik
                                                       Musik
                                                       Englisch
                                                       Englisch

So, my classes are Religion, English, Technology, German, Geography, Mathematics, A German course for the exchange students, Biology, Music, and History! Normally school goes until 12:45 each day, but on Wednesday I get out at noon, and on Thursday I get out at 4:45. I don't mind that though because I really like my last classes! :)
Speaking of school, today was a really interesting school day. It was WanderTag. That literally translates to hiking day. At first, that didn't sound so appealing. But then our teacher told us we were just going to eat breakfast, and then walk to a castle. It was a pretty great day! School here is awesome. :D

On another note, I just wanted to let all know I am open to questions. I'm not claiming to be an expert in the German lifestyle or the area, but if you are interested I can see if I know, or I can ask my family or friends. Also, if you are interested in becoming an exchange student please let me know! I would be so willing to help you! :)

Tschüss!
Beth

1 comment:

  1. Yeah the word "Wandertag" is slightly misleading,because you do anything but "wandern".

    ReplyDelete