A look at my life abroad over the 2012-2013 school year!

Friday, August 10, 2012

Update From The Party!

 So, today was the party for Christian and I (for me only a bit. :) ) Mostly a sendoff for Christian as he leaves in a few days! At first, the party was okay. Christian had many friends and family come, and he was enjoying himself! But due to my shyness when first meeting people and my bad German, I was kind of the loser in the corner. :). I believe the people that told me everyone knows some english, and most kids know english, but not a lot of people have enough courage or bravery to try out their english with a native english speaker. Which I can certainly understand. I am always embarrassed when I speak with a native German, in German! (But it is getting better!  Both my German and my embarrassment, that is) But as the night went on, and my host-mom kept pushing people towards me, and when everyone had one drink or two in them, some people came and talked to me. :) My host-brother, Mateusz, is really nice to me and helped me communicate a bit. And his girlfriend, Nina. And I met two of Mateusz and Christians' cousins and we chatted about school, English, and German most of the night. And Prince of Bel Air, King of Queens, and How I Met Your Mother, which are all 'famous' or popular here, I guess. It was great, I would say more but I am tired. All you have to know is that they spoke in English and I spoke in German the entire time! Or, for most of it! :D And that I was no longer the "loser" in the corner. Haha. Oh! And here are some pictures! :D

My Host-Mom, Elwira. She is quirky! She has a good sense of humour and always works so hard! 

 Not the best picture, but this is my host-mom and host-dad (Karl)
 The three host siblings. From left to right, Christian, Mateusz, and Vicki


 Their door has a K and E for Karl and Elwira! :D
 Part of the house. I will talk about the house in another post, but here is half of one side. You can see the lights they put up for the party. I wish I had a picture at night. :(
German flag! Of course I forgot to bring an American flag. Oh well!

Yeah, pretzels, but also snap dragons (I think), the flowers, are from their garden! So pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment