A look at my life abroad over the 2012-2013 school year!

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Schule!

Today, school was so much better! I had actually a slight idea of what was going on. :) math is quite easy (well, compared to other classes I must take here. Germans are intense when it comes to school!) and I understood the music class. But it was a bit hard to answer all the questions about major and minor chords, but I had some help. :) I am also starting to get the hang of where things are in the school, and how to follow a crowd when something is going on. Plus, with each day, my German listening skills are getting better! My speaking skills are about the same, but I think that is going to take more courage and memory skills when speaking to people.
So, interesting fact. Today, I was sitting in class and I had my water bottle with me. (the German kids don't have the reusable kind usually, but I have my camel back so it kind of sticks out.) and I had it on the table, like I would in the U.S. But then, the teacher turns to me and says, "Beth, no water bottles on the table. This is not a bier garten!" that teacher is really nice so it surprised me, but I took my water bottle off the table and said I was sorry. So, the funny part, was that the boy next to me had his motorcycle helmet and jacket on the table! Pffsh. Haha. Just another difference, I guess. :)
Well, that was the most embarrassing thing all day, so you could say it was a good day. Now, off to do German homework! (French class will be the death of me, haha)


Mit besten grüßen!
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment