A look at my life abroad over the 2012-2013 school year!

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Fresh Off the Boat!

I have landed. And let me tell you, it is the weirdest thing I have ever done. I still can't fathom that I am here. But, it is amazing, just as everyone has told me it would be. Getting off the plane was nerve-wracking. First I thought my host family were going to be around every corner, then I went to get my luggage and it took FOREVER. And then I finally met my two host brothers and the older host brother's girlfriend. I am so glad they are wonderfully nice, and have a sense of humour. Meeting my host-mom and host-sister was a blast as well. They are so much fun! Same with my host-dad. They have a cat that wanders around-- Glöckchen (I think that is how it is spelled)-- which means Tinkerbell, basically. :) They also have chickens, fish, and a fabulous garden. My room is absolutely wonderful as well. Perfect size and beautifully furnished. It just makes me so thankful that they are willing to host me! More to come about my adventures and the details. Just one tiny note about the German. It is so easy to understand which words they are saying! But now I just need to figure out what each of those words mean. :)

Mit besten Grüßen,
Beth Macnab

No comments:

Post a Comment